Wood Stain 101: Choosing the Right Stain For Your Home Project Renovating your home can be an exciting yet expensive thing to do. For some people, doing the actual renovation themselves has been proven to be a cost-effective alternative. Staining your fencing and deck can bring your property to life. It can add value and can contribute to its aesthetically pleasing nature. Beautiful outdoor spaces can be … Read More »
Why Choose Ready Seal
Wood Stain and Sealer?
Ready Seal® wood stain and sealer contains all the essential elements of a quality finish for exterior wood projects. Ready Seal® is a professional-grade wood stain and sealer in one that is superior to other products when comparing the ease-of-application, maintenance, and beauty of the finished project.
Ease-of-application was a priority throughout the formulation of Ready Seal® to ensure all consumers a hassle-free application, saving time for the contractor and promising a Goof-Proof™ process for homeowners.
Ready Seal wood stain and sealer:
- Requires no primer
- May be sprayed, rolled or brushed onto the wood surface
- Requires no diluting or thinning prior to spray applications
- Requires no back-brushing and Ready Seal® will never leave runs, laps or streaks
- Requires no wet-line application, the product will blend itself
- Requires no specific temperature range for proper application
How to Apply Ready Seal
Wood Stain & Sealer
- Surface must be clean of mildew, dust, dirt, oil and grease.
- All previous stains and sealers must be completely removed.
- Caustic strippers must be neutralized thoroughly.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. Before staining, wood must dry completely for 48 hours or more depending on weather conditions.
- Protect against overspray and cover all plants and vegetation with plastic drop cloth before applying Ready Seal.
- Take special precautions when working around porous stone and concrete surfaces, Ready Seal is a penetrating stain, and will do so on any porous surface.
- Pressure washing must be done with special care, so that no damage to the wood surface occurs.
- Sanding is not required on new wood to which Ready Seal will be applied. If sanding is desired, be sure to adequately clean the surface of all dust prior to staining.
- Ready Seal recommends a minimum of 12% moisture or less in all wood species and projects to be stained.
- Moisture content can be measured using an electronic moisture meter