The true value of a deck often comes during the warmer months of the year, when it becomes an oasis where individuals can enjoy life in a relaxing atmosphere. In some cases, the preceding winter has been harsh enough to offer more of a challenge when it comes to getting things ready.With Spring 2018 nearly here, it helps to have a sense of how to go about tackling all of the preparatory aspects of getting a deck … Read More »
Why Choose Ready Seal
Wood Stain and Sealant?
Ready Seal® wood stain and sealant contains all the essential elements of a quality coating for exterior wood projects. Ready Seal® is a professional grade wood sealant that is superior to other sealant products when compared in ease of application, maintenance, and beauty of the finished project.
Ease of application was in mind throughout the formulation of Ready Seal® to ensure all consumers a hassle-free application, saving time for the contractor and promising a Goof-Proof™ process for homeowners.
Ready Seal wood stain and sealant:
- Requires no primer
- May be sprayed, rolled or brushed onto the wood surface
- Requires no diluting or thinning prior to spray applications
- Requires no back-brushing and Ready Seal® will never leave runs, laps or streaks
- Requires no wet-line application, the product will blend itself
- Requires no specific temperature range for proper application
How to Apply Ready Seal
Wood Stain & Sealer
- Surface must be clean of mildew, dust, dirt, oil and grease.
- All previous stains and sealers must be completely removed.
- Caustic strippers must be neutralized thoroughly.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. Before staining, wood must dry completely for 48 hours or more depending on weather conditions.
- Protect against overspray and cover all plants and vegetation with plastic drop cloth before applying Ready Seal.
- Take special precautions when working around porous stone and concrete surfaces, Ready Seal is a penetrating stain, and will do so on any porous surface.
- Pressure washing must be done with special care, so that no damage to the wood surface occurs.
- Sanding is not required on new wood to which Ready Seal will be applied. If sanding is desired, be sure to adequately clean the surface of all dust prior to staining.
- Ready Seal recommends a minimum of 12% moisture or less in all wood species and projects to be stained.
- Moisture content can be measured using an electronic moisture meter